REGISTER TODAY for 13th Annual VECAN Conference 2020
The 13th Annual Vermont Energy and Climate Action Network Community Energy and Climate Action Conference will take place virtually this year. This event centers and celebrates the critical role that Vermonters in every community play in moving our state to a more clean, efficient, affordable and equitable energy future. This year’s event will feature an overview of the federal, state, and local context for climate action, and big, timely, potentially transformative opportunities. We hope that you will join us!
- A state of energy and climate action in 2021 with a deep post-election analysis – Federal and State context
- An overview of big, timely, potentially transformative opportunities, including the recently enacted Vermont Global Warming Solutions Act.
- Local Energy Leaders Story Share
Five concurrent workshops on:
- Transportation – Current resources and programs for transportation progress
- The State of Solar – Programs to undertake today and limitations
- State Funding for Efficiency and Weatherization Work
- New Policy and Accountability Landscape for Climate Action – What’s on the horizon and potential collective new opportunities
- Organizing and Communicating Online During a Pandemic – Mechanics and best practices for communicating effectively online
- VEIC’s updated Energy Burden Report.
- Innovative programs and approaches at Burlington Electric Department to serve low-income and vulnerable Vermonters.
- New opportunities to center equity in the new climate action and accountability framework: The Global Warming Solutions Act.
Keynote: Coreina Chan of the Rocky Mountain Institute will share findings on emerging distributed renewable energy community partnerships and strategies for serving low-income customers. She’ll share expertise on moving beyond pilot projects to embed equity principles and necessary processes into the foundation of energy and climate work.
Friday, December 11th from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm (held via Zoom – details coming soon!) and will feature:
- Resource Provider Overview
- Regional Networking Roundtables