Reducing Municipal Energy Use
Communities can initiate a wide range of activities to help local residents, businesses, institutions, and local governments and schools reduce energy usage through efficiency and conservation. These initiatives include:
- Organizing community compact fluorescent lightbulb campaigns
- Improving efficiency in residential buildings by promoting home energy audits
- Adopting town master plans and zoning bylaws that promote efficiency
- Adopting energy efficient building codes
- Implementing efficiency measures in municipal and/or school buildings
- Converting municipal street lighting
Check out these Heating Efficiency Success Stories to see how Vermonters are working hard to reduce heating needs through efficiency efforts.
Visit the Vermont Community Energy Dashboard to find resources for municipalities to cut energy use.