Button Up Campaign 2022 Kick-Off Webinar
Thank you to everyone who joined us on Wednesday for the Button Up 2022 Virtual Kick-Off with Efficiency Vermont!
You can watch a recording of the webinar here and access the presentation slides here.
Greta Hasler, VNRC’s Climate & Energy Program Associate, kicked off the event with an overview of the state’s climate requirements, specifically looking at where we stand and need to go in regards to cutting emissions in the thermal sector. As she noted, weatherization will play an important role in helping meet our greenhouse gas emission reductions requirements set out in Vermont’s Global Warming Solutions Act.
That is why weatherization campaigns like Button Up are so important to helping educate Vermonters on the benefits of weatherization. Bekah Kuster, Community Engagement Manager at Efficiency Vermont gave an overview of this year’s Button Up Vermont campaign, including how you can sign up to participate in this year’s campaign,
Interested in being a Button Up community? Sign up here!
There are several different ways you can participate in this year’s campaign as a Button Up Community:
- Participate in weekly “Weatherization Wednesdays” and Participating Community webinars happening everyWednesday throughout the course of the campaign. More details to come.
- Host a regional or local event!
- Promote the campaign through your outreach channels (social media, Front Porch Forum, e-news, etc).
- Have a creative idea that you think we are missing? Let us know.
As always, participating communities will receive support to promote this campaign and spread the word to their communities. This includes things like ready-made promotional materials, marketing support, and more.
You can also find more information and great materials on Button Up’s Facebook, and YouTube pages.
If you have any more questions about this year’s campaign or how your community can get involved, reach out to your Community Engagement Manager
- Brad Long, [email protected] – Washington, Addison, Windham, and Lamoille counties
- Bekah Kuster, [email protected] – Bennington, Rutland, Windsor, and Orange counties
- Michelle McCutcheon-Schour, [email protected] – Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Orleans, Caledonia, and Essex counties
Don’t forget to sign up to be a Button Up Vermont community!
Thanks again for joining us, and stay tuned for more details coming soon!