Your VECAN Support Team
As a part of the VECAN network, you, and the other 120+ energy committees across the state, are supported by a diverse group of partner organizations. The VECAN Partners, consisting of the Vermont Natural Resources Council (VNRC), Vital Communities, Energy Action Network (EAN), Vermont Council on Rural Development (VCRD) and Efficiency Vermont (EVT), are available to provide online consultation and support to individuals and full energy committees working on local energy transformation. Each of the VECAN partners brings different expertise, connections, and perspectives to the vital work you are doing and your communities, and we are eager to support you however we can. Even if we can’t help you directly, we will do our best to connect you with others who can.
You’ll find more details below about which topics each individual VECAN partner is best equipped to assist you with. Please direct your questions to the individual VECAN partner whose expertise best matches your needs. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Don’t forget that the other energy committees across the state can also be a resource to you! Check out this map for a list of all energy committees and their contact information.
Johanna is available for consultation on:
- Public Engagement Strategies
- Strategic Planning
- Communications and Outreach Strategies
- Starting a Town Energy Committee
- Tracking and strategically engaging in state-level initiatives
- Comprehensive Energy Plan
- Climate Action Plan
- Climate Dispatch
Sarah is available for consultation on:
The EAN team can provide:
- Presentations and discussion about Vermont’s GHG emissions and emission reduction goals
- Presentations and walkthroughs of the Community Energy Dashboard and Community Progress Maps
The Efficiency Vermont team can provide:
- Support for community-wide presentations and events that promote electrical or thermal efficiency
- Information on state-wide energy efficiency incentives for schools, municipalities, and businesses to help your town save energy and money
- Energy efficiency training, guidance, and technical assistance for nonprofits, communities, municipalities, and business groups
- Support with Button Up Vermont Campaign